Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Haircut

Yesterday went so much better than I could have dreamed. I can really say that I feel every thought and pray from all of my family and friends. I was scared out to my mind up until Sunday evening. I started to feel this peace and assurance that was real. I slept well and still felt peaceful all through the day. The port placement went so well and everyone was so kind and compassionate. We had a couple of hours to go back home. We went to "Head Covers" by our house and bought three things there that are really cute. Shawnee gave my head a buzz. And she put one of the new hats I got on for me. I didn't look in the mirror yet. We went to Crown Burger and really enjoyed our lunch. We were able to rest a bit and then it was time to go back to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. We were there for an appointment and infusion until 7:30 p.m. It was a very long day. When we got home there was a lovely dinner waiting for us. Carolyn Reynolds, from our ward, had prepared an incredible dinner for us. It was turkey vegetable soup that was so good. I had two bowl fulls. The most beautiful and yummy rolls and jam. Cherries and cake. It was like manna from heaven. It was perfect. I was able to sleep quite well. The port didn't give me much problem. I'm feeling well right now. I need to keep up on my pain pills and anti-nausea pills. I'm feeling optimistic. My sweet husband was with me the whole entire day. I love him so much. He is my rock. And of course, our children are checking on us. My Dad is coming to be with me today while Ken is at work. I'm so blessed!

1 comment:

Herlehy Family said...

I am so happy to hear that you had a better experience. We will keep praying for you...sending our love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...