Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Grandpa Winchester
Yesterday was Ruby's 5th birthday. Ken and I called to sing her happy birthday. Tracee didn't answer so we sand for a message. I talked to Tracee and Ruby later in the evening and she told me that she had a great day. She had a friend party and it was a jungle party. They played pine the nose on the tiger. And Tracee had made her a tiger cake that was really cute. She was so happy with her birthday and they were really tired. I had a good day, I woke up around 6 a.m. so I got on the computer and posted on your family blog and went on email and Facebook. Then I laid down and had a nap. I'm keeping up on my meds and it's helping. Ken worked 12-9 . My Dad was planning on coming down to be with me. He didn't give me a time when he would come. But around 2:00 I was getting concerned about him. I called at 2:10 and he didn't answer. So I thought that I should see him about 3:00. I laid down and fell asleep. Paul called at 3:30 to see how I was doing. I told him I was concerned about Dad.He said he would check into it. He called Dad right after we hung up and Dad answered. He said that he had gone to the gym and had breakfast that morning. When he got home he said he was really cold and put a parka on. When Paul and Sandra got there he was in his PJ's and he'd been asleep since he got home from the gym. Paul said he was very confused. He was very sleepy and wasn't making sense. Paul and Sandra took he the Insta Care first and they said to talk him to the ER. So they went to McKay-Dee Hospitals ER. He had an elevated white blood count which meant he had an infection. He had a rash on his leg that was warm to the touch. His temperature was 100.3. They checked for a blood clot in his leg and no blood clot. That is good. They did a CT scan to see if he'd had a stroke. He did not have a stroke which is good. They gave him some IV antibiotics and they were admitting him into the hospital late last night. Paul stayed with him the whole time. I talked with him about 9:45 p.m. and they had assigned him a room but he wasn't there yet. Paul was going to stay with him until he got to the room and was settled. He may be there two days.
Carol Howard brought dinner into us last night. She ran Distictive Cattering for years and boy does she know how to cook. We had barbecued, no bones, spare ribs, rice, beans watermelon, jello and carrot cake. It was so good. She is such a hard worker and such a kind person. Her daughter-in-law (Haydens Mom)helped her drop off the food. I think her name is Jennifer. She went in the computer room and said "hi" to Hayden. He's a good friend of Jason's. They both miss Will Tesseyman. Will is in England all month with his family on holiday. Jason's friend Ethan was here also. The boys really enjoyed dinner.
Well here is is Wednesday early. I woke up at 4 a.m. and wrote in my journal and arranged my three ringed binder from the Huntsman Cancer Institute with all the new papers I got on Monday. I tried to go back to sleep but decided to come in and blog instead. I'm starting to feel nauseated so I better get my pills and some food in my tummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your blog posts, moms! SDLY!
Post a Comment