Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Another tender mercy

Yesterday was Rebecca Ann Broadheads 1st birthday. This year has gone fast. She is such a sweet little girl. She's very mellow and full of smiles. She's cuddly and just a joy. We are so glad and thankful to have her in our family. I woke up at 4 a.m. yesterday. I went back to sleep around 8 a.m. and slept till 10:30 a .m. I called my Dad and talked with him a short time. He's not much on phone talk especially when he isn't feeling well. He ran a temperature yesterday afternoon and they put some ice around his arms and turned the temperature down in his room. When I talked with him last evening he said he was so cold he was shaking. Paul said that Dad's nurses are taking good care of him. He'll be in the hospital at least until this evening. Shawnee took me to Head Covers on 33rd South and 23rd East. It's owned by our friend Joni Harman. We took seven of my Moms wigs in and one of my Mother-in-laws, Arlene. She tried them all on me and told me what she thought of them. There were two wigs that had potential. Then she went in the back and brought out one of her wigs. It was just like the one she had on. It looked so cute on me. I asked her how much it was. She cut the tag off and said that was her gift to me for our family coming to sing Christmas carols all those years ago. Then she gave me a hat that I had tried on when Ken and I had come in on Monday. She gave me a big hug and said how sorry she was that I was going through this. I was just blown away by her kindness and generosity. Another tender mercy. Every day tender mercies. I have felt weird all day. So tired but able to eat and drink. Not much energy, but antsy.

1 comment:

Herlehy Family said...

Joni sounds like a wonderful friend! I am so happy you have a new beautiful wig. What is wrong with Grandpa?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...