Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

A lot of tears this week but great gratitude too

To my dear family and friends, It's finally a day that I feel as normal as can be expected. I haven't felt like doing much of anything this past week. Things have been foggy like I'm lost in a fog. I have felt so very tired. I haven't wanted to read or watch TV or do much of anything. My taste buds have been destroyed so drinking water, or anything else for that matter, is hard. To try and figure out what to eat is hard because nothing tastes good. The general feeling is just plan YUCKY. I have felt YUCKY. It's really hard to explain. I can't see very well. My fingernails are tender. The bottom of my feet feel like they have been burned. I have these sores on my arms that are very tender. Constipation was an issue last weekend and then yesterday it was the opposite. I'm still trying to get that issue to balance out. I sleep a bit here and there during the day so sleeping at night is hard somethings. The surprising thing is that this has been my week off with no chemo. This should be my good week. Tomorrow I start day 1 of round 3. Oh boy, can I tell you that I'm not ready for that one. But I have to listen to Loni's post and feel grateful that we are in the middle of the chemo rounds. That's encouraging. We had a wonderful visit from our new Bishopric on Thursday evening. They are all wonderful men and we had a great visit. Then they gave me a blessing which I really appreciated. That was much needed and I didn't even know it. Dawnette and Gary McCarty brought over lunch yesterday. It was Costco chicken, salad and cookies. It was so good and much appreciated. One of Shawnees friends from her show bought a bunch of food for us. People are so kind and thoughtful. I hope I can be like that someday. We've had many people come and get apricots and they see all the apricots and the ground and they pick them up and put them in the garbage. We had YA women come and do yard work for us on many occasions and spend many hours pulling weeds and all sorts of things. People will drop by the visit or call on the phone just to see how we are doing. I'm just so grateful. Many people sent me letters for my birthday last month. I can't even begin to tell you how much that meant to me. I read them often and they always make me cry and feel loved.

2 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

I am happy to hear that you are soon entering the middle of your treatment! We are keeping you in our prayers. Hang in there and keep fighting!!!

The Johnsons said...

Tears are rolling down my face as I think about what you are going through. We think about you and pray for you daily. We love you aunt Luann!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...