Sunday, July 15, 2012
A good week!
To my dear family and friends,
This week has been a good week. I've been able to eat and drink with very little problems. I've kept up on my anti-nausea pills and I think that has really helped. I've been able to sleep well other than wake up early. The port that they placed on Monday has given me very little trouble. I hasn't hurt much at all. The only thing is the fatigue. I've been very tired and have very little energy. I can handle that. We've had many sweet visitors this week. That means a lot to me. They haven't stayed long but they've shared their love and encouragement and they are praying for our family. I can feel it so strongly. I've been very concerned for my Dad. The infection in his foot and leg has me worried. But I know they are doing all they can for him and he's being taken good care of. I'm grateful for Paul and Sandra for being with Dad so much. I'm afraid to visit because of my situation. I'm looking forward to this day. I'm going to Sacrament Meeting. I love that meeting so much. It feels me up. I'm not going to stay passed that though. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I know my immune system is low. I am very nervous about tomorrow. I feel like I've got an appointment with the firing squad. Days 8 - 17 were so terrible last time. I couldn't eat or drink and I felt like I had the flu times 40. I'm hoping that it will be better somehow. The shot that I get on Wednesday really does me in. I hope that instead on one big shot maybe to have seven small shots through the seven days. We will have to see. The names of the Chemo are Day 1 and 8 Gemcitabine (Gemzar) and Day 8 Decetaxel (Taxotere). It's the Taxotere that really is bad. All I can do is hope that this round is better. But I have a great deal of dread. Thank you for your love and prayers and checking out family blog. You are great! Much love, Luann
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad that you have had a good week. We are praying for you and Grandpa Winchester.
Post a Comment