Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Update

My Oncologist called me at 5:30 this afternoon. She updated me on what will happen next. The surgery for Wednesday has been cancelled. I have an appointment with her at 11:00 on Wednesday. I will have labs and an EKG. She will check me over and then I will be admitted into the Huntsman Cancer Hospital for a 48 hour infusion (chemo). They will monitor me for nausea etc. I should be coming home Friday evening or Saturday morning. Then in three weeks the same thing will happen and then I will have a CT scan. They will look and see how the cancer is responding to the treatment. To say the least, I was surprised that things are happening so fast. But it's better than waiting. We might as well just jump in. I know with out a shadow of a doubt that the prayers in my behave are working. I have such a peace about all this. I should be falling to pieces but I'm not. I hope and pray that my family will be blessed with that same feeling of peace. It is the most wonderful feeling. I feel truly blessed. I am truly blessed. I have the most wonderful husband in the world. I can't even express how much I love him and appreciate him. He is my greatest blessing. Ken and I have been blessed with five of the most amazing children. I love and respect each and every one. They are such a blessing to us. They are incredible people. My son-in-laws are amazing. I love them each so much. They love and respect our daughters. What more could we ask for. Our grandchildren are right from heaven. I love them so much. They are the icing on the cake. I have a great Dad who loves and supports me. I sure don't like putting him through this. My In-laws are so sweet and caring. I am surrounded by wonderful friends and neighbors and co-workers. A wonderful ward and stake too. My cup runneth over. Thank you for checking our family blog. You are special!

3 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

You are always in our thoughts and prayers!! On Saturday I put your name in the Dallas Temple agian and will keep it in there until you kick cancer. Love ya!

Ticey said...

So thankful for you my friend, you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Louise said...

Luann, I am so very, very sorry for the trial you are facing again. I am so grateful for the time we had together team teaching the 4 year olds earlier this year. I have always admired you but that time working together really taught me to love and admire you even more. You radiate such happiness and kindness even when you are struggling with your own challenges. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...