Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

School Started

School started for Jason and I on Wednesday August 21st.  Jason wasn't so sure that he wanted to go back to school.  He is a junior at the brand new Olympus High School.  It is an incredible school.  He was in the new school about the last 2 months of last school year.  Anyway, he had a good first day.  He said that he likes his teachers and the classes that he has.  He has Jazz Band Tuesday through Friday at 6:30 a.m.  He loves the class even though it will be hard to get up.  He is going to be buying Loni's Honda Civic so he has a car to take him where he wants and needs to go.  He really likes the freedom that gives him.  He's also working Monday and Wednesday and every other Friday from 3-6 p.m. at Plowgian Auto Repair.  He really likes his job.  We are so thankful for that.  He's quite the young man.  He looks like a man.  He's 6'3" and he's very hairy.  He's got a lot of whiskers and hairy legs.  His blonde hair is at his shoulders.  He's got a very low voice.  He's a great young man.  He really helps us out.

I really enjoy my job at Evergreen Jr. High.  I'm the BHA.  That stands for Behavior Health Assistant.  I work with the students that are struggling at school.  I'm not a tutor, I encourage them and give them the skills that will help them at school.  I meet with them each day and we talk about how they are doing.  I give them there grades weekly and help them with whatever they need.  I also help in the halls between classes and at lunch time.  I have wonderful coworkers  that make school so much fun. I have a little office that I share with the lunch secretary.  She's very positive and it's nice to be around her.  I have a desk and a computer.  It's just really great.
It's been very slow moving with my giant black boot.  I'm so thankful that it's my left foot so I can drive.

Ken and I tried out for our Stake's production of Fiddler on the Roof.  We make call backs for Tevya and Golde.  Call backs are Tuesday night.  It would be so much fun.  I hope it all works out.

Yesterday I finally came to the conclusion that it was time to shave my head.  My hair has been falling out for around a week.  It was everywhere.  After I showered there was so much hair in the drain that I said it's time.  Shawnee and Richard were home for the weekend.  She brought her hair cutting things and I asked her if she would give me a buzz.  I'm so thankful for her.  She's so sweet about it.  She new that it was very emotional for me.  She was just perfect. She did two funny cuts and took a picture of each just for fun.  So I'm grandma not hair again.  My sweet friend Barb bought me a bunch of really cute hats to wear.  She is one of the sweetest most compassionate people I know.  So I went to church today with one of my new cute hats and my giant black boot.  I was a little conspicuous but no one made a big deal about it.  I was grateful for that.  Our family is so great.  They rally around me and support me and show me so much love. 

1 comment:

Herlehy Family said...

I am so happy you are doing so well! Prayers and hugs being sent your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...