Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Constipation

Warning - If you don't like to read about personal things go to the next blog because I'm going to get personal. CONSTIPATION, Yes I said it. That is a side effect of chemo for me. My brother had the opposite effect. It got so bad last night that I had to go to the emergency room. It was a really busy night at the ER. We were there about 4 hours. To make a long story short a nurse named Julie is my hero. She dared to put on rubber gloves, a throw away gowned and eye shields to help me. After a oil based enema and waiting 5 minutes (which wasn't easy by the way) she helped me out. I told her "may you always be blessed for helping me". Shawnee and Richard stuck it out with me. Bless them forever. They also went many trips to the store getting enemas, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, and Milk of Magnesia.I tried many of these before I went to the ER. By 8:00 a.m this morning the flood gates opened. I've been very close to the bathroom all day which I'm very grateful for. I have no dignity any more. It has been stripped from me. I am not looking forward to Monday. That is my 2nd infusion. I am really scared. Well, there you have it, my very personal journey of fighting cancer.

3 comments:

Paula Taft Keele Christensen said...

Oh sweetie--so sorry. The anti-nausea pills and the steroids just dry out your system so badly, that no wonder you were constipated. There is a calcium-pomegranate magnesium vitamin liquid that you can get at a health food store that will help you go without the gripe of miralax and other artificial means. I usually took two big tablespoons with dinner and breakfast and I got regular really fast. Try hard to drink lots of water, or some kind of liquid, gatorade or smething that will keep your body hydrated. Otherwise you will be in a vicious circle.
I am feeling great, you can beat this thing, the Lord blessed me with so much faith to overcome all of it, and I just knew that it would be in the past someday. We are praying fo you, have faith that the second treatment will be over quickly, and that you can recover quickly and be about your family and your normal life soon. Love you, we are praying for you--Paula

Luann said...

Thank you Paula, I will stop and pick some of that up tomorrow. I'm so glad that you are dong great. That gives me great hope too. You are the best. Lots of love, Luann

Luann said...

Paula, Shawnee and Rich picked me up some the that stuff you told me about. They didn't have the pomegranate one but they had a strawberry flavored one. It doesn't say anything about helping with constipation though. I'm wondering if they got the right one. It just talks about calcium.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...