Friday, June 1, 2012
Today at 9:30 a.m. I had the appointment for the PET scan. My dear husband was scheduled to work 9:30 - 6:30. He went in yesterday and they worked it out so he could go in at 6:00 a.m. He came home and got me just before 9:00. He wanted to be with me which I appreciate so much. I didn't sleep well last night. I guess I was pretty nervous. He didn't sleep well either. I know he was nervous. The Huntsman Cancer Institute is such a wonderful place. We drove up to valet service and they were so kind. Everyone there treated us so great. Ken couldn't go back with me. I went back and was put into a room that had a large recliner chair in it. I sat down and the first thing was to get an IV started. The nurse was really good. It wasn't easy to find a vein. It didn't hurt at all. She put a saline solution and the radio active solution in. Then they had me drink portions and this other solution. They put a warm blanket on me and turned down the lights and closed the door. I sat there and started to cry. It's a new adventure that we're starting. She came in about every 20 minutes to ask me drink a little more. It was a total of around 32 oz. of this stuff in a 75 minute time frame. Then it was time to go to the PET scan. That procedure took about 25 minutes. So the whole process took 2 1/2 hours. I was done at noon. My good husband read a book in the waiting room while he waited for me. I was asked to drink a lot of water today to flush all of the stuff out of my system. What an incredible time we live in to have these things available to us. We came home a had a little lunch and Ken went back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this trial. You and Ken will be in our thoughts and prayers.
So proud of you Mom! You are facing this with such courage :) Love you more then I can express. I keep thinking of the phrase, "Gird up your loins, fresh courage take, our God will NEVER us forsake!" It makes me laugh because I don't know what "gird" means and it gives me faith that we're not forgotten. SDLY
Post a Comment