Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Feeling awful

It's Tuesday morning at 2:19 AM and I just woke up. That is a good thing. That means that I have been asleep around 3 hours. That is more than I got last night. The steroid pills that I took on Sunday which helped me feel better and really enjoy my Sunday dinner also made it where I couldn't sleep. That's right, I didn't sleep a wink Sunday night. I had my 2nd chemo on Monday. I had two drugs given to me. We were there from 8 AM to 1:30 PM. When we got home I had a little lunch and went to lay down. I was able to sleep and rest about two hours which I was so grateful for. Then I got up and had a shower. The smell from the chemo just comes from my pores and makes me sick. It was so nice to wash that smell away. So I put on some make up and did my hair. It helped me feel better. Linda Hansen my Relief Society President in our ward brought a wonderful meal in to our family. She is so sweet and thoughtful. Our dear friends, Steve and Janet Rose, from our days in Harrisville came and visited with us. They are living in American Fork. We haven't talked with them face to face for months. But when we get together words just flow and it's so wonderful. They listen so well. And they share there lives with us back and I love to listen to them. They are truly eternal friends. Shawnee and Richard went to the store and picked up some things for me. Loni and Mark came by and visited. They both gave me the most wonderful foot massage and asked me how my day went. I felt so awful. I had a headache and my body just felt so bad. I took some ibuprofen and went to bed and was able to sleep for 3 hours. Huntsman infusion was so busy today. There are 31 possible places for infusion and Ken counted 27 places being used. My nurse was Gary and he told us he was to only male nurses there in the infusion. He loves working there and said being the only guy was not bad at all. He said it was the greatest team of nurses that he has ever worked with. There is no back biting and everyone communicates well and helps each other out. I can tell too. It is a great place. I had Deann put my IV in. I'm told I have hard veins to find so I was her challenge. It took her a few minutes but she finally found one. She said that the vein she chose rolled on her. It was on my left arm about two inches up from wrist on the right side. Once she got it into place it didn't hurt anymore. The chemo didn't burn like it did last week. The IV was in my right hand last week and it was really uncomfortable when to chemo was dripping through. I was in station 7B. It's in the northwest part of the room. There were some beautiful clouds floating by. While we were waiting for the labs and chemo I did my crying. Ken just held me and let me cry. He is so sweet. He is my rock and my strength. I love him so much. He is such a good man. I hope that I will be able to get some more sleep tonight. I'll go back and give it a try. Good Night.

2 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

I am so sorry you are having trouble sleeping! Do you think that you might be able to try a Unisom, I had to take them when I was pregnant. Keep fighting!!!

Luann said...

Dear Herlehy's. You are so sweet to read our blog and comment so often. Yes, I may have to try some Unisom.
That is a great idea. How is your darling family doing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...