On our quarterly trip to the Huntsman Center we heard great news! No new spots! The spots I do have grew very slightly! My spleen will not have to come out at this time! I was advised to change up my daily chemo pills just a bit. Instead of three each night I will take four then three then four etc. I will have my next scan in three months. Ken and I where so worried about this appointment. That even made me more worried. But great news! We feel like we can breathe now and enjoy our days together. LET'S HAVE A PARADE!
My Dad has been doing really well. He's been showering and shaving on his own for about two weeks. He is still having his episodes, they just aren't as often or as long. The medication he's on is really helping him. I had a tender mercy. I've been looking for his Separation from the Navy paper for quite a few months. Sandra had suggested that I get him enrolled in the VA for benefits. Dad was having an episode early one morning. He was very upset about not remembering his family. In his bottom drawer was his genealogy. In looking through it I found the paper that I needed. I know that I was directed to that paper! I was able to get the paperwork I needed and we handed it in on Wednesday. So he's on the waiting list for the George E. Walden's Veterans Home. That has about an 18 month wait. Also, he has up to $2,200.00 from the VA to go toward any assisted living center. He was also enrolled in the VA Healthcare System. What a blessing! Life is going well now, but between he and me, things could change quite rapidly. I just feel really good about things. We are enjoying the blessings that come each day.
I just wanted to add a quick note. My wife is a trooper! She stays positive and keeps life fun. It is a joy to come home and see her every day. My favorite time of every day is when I get to spend time with her. We are thankful and grateful to the Lord and all of you for your many prayers. We don't know what the future brings, but we feel blessed for every day we have. As the Bartles & James brothers say, "Thank you for your support!"
2 comments:
So happy to hear this!!!!
Great news about you Luann and your dad. You are my hero!!!!
Post a Comment