Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

New spot on spleen

I had a CT scan on Monday October 26, 2015.  The spots in my lungs have not grown since I started the chemo pills (Votrient).  They found a new spot on my spleen.  When they looked at my last abdominal ct in April there was no spot.  My Oncologist decided to wait until my next CT scan the end of January to make a decision on what to do.  The spot is very small right now.  I did some research and found out the a spleen is 5" x 3" x 1".  It's main job is our immune system.  My doctor wants me to have four immunizations before January in cause I have my spleen removed.  The spleen has a lot of blood flow so it isn't a good idea to do a biopsy. Yesterday I started to have some pain in my right arm pit.  I'm pretty sure that I have a lump there.  I did some research and found that we have a lump nod in our arm pits.  I've messaged my doctor to see what she wants to do.  See me before my next appointment in January or see me before that date.  I don't know if she will keep on the same chemo pills or do something else.

Ken and I had a very dear friend pass away on Tuesday of this week.  She has been struggling with breast cancer for the last six year.  We were blessed to visit her and her husband a week before she passed away.  It was a very spiritual visit.  She and her family had accepted what was to come.  She said she felt a lot of peace and love.  When we found out she had passed it really hit us hard.  Ken especially was struggling.  He had to come home from work the day after because he was so sad.  I had to tell him that I was still here with him and that we had to work to be thankful for each and every day that we had together. Cancer makes our future so uncertain that it changes your perspective and makes you so thankful for small things and of course big things.

My dear sweet Dad has really been struggling as of late.  We moved in with him in February of 2014. We have noticed small changed along the way.  His memory has been failing for the passed few years. He has gone from driving to not driving any more.  From paying the bills to not paying them any more.  From fixing his breakfast and blending his meals to not being able to any more.  I have been giving his pills since we moved in.  In June of this year he woke up and was screaming.  I thought he was having a heart attack.  His nose was bleeding and it just went on an on.  We called the paramedics and he was taken to the ER.  He woke up from that episode soon after getting to the hospital.  He had tests run and nothing could be found to be wrong.  He had a terrible fall on September 12th.  He was out walking and I think he was disoriented and passed out.  He didn't even put his hands out to catch himself.  He feel right on his face.  He broke his nose and had a cut stitched up on the bridge of his nose.  He had a terrible goose egg size bump above his right eye.  They couldn't get his nose to stop bleeding so they had to pack it for three days.  The skin on his right hand was all laid back and bleeding.  They couldn't see anything broken but his nose.  It was really awful.

Since his fall he has had episodes to were he would be in a coma like episode.  When we first noticed it we were having Sunday dinner on September 20th.  Kelly was visiting and he asked dad a question and dad just stared forward.  That happened twice at dinner.  They lasted about 20 seconds each. Then he started having episode that lasted much longer.  He was taken three move different times to the ER.  The longest lasting nine hours.  The doctors were baffled.  They didn't know what was going on.  His CT scans didn't show anything and his labs were good.  He would wake up from these episodes and not remember any thing that had happened.  On the third trip to the ER (Halloween night) the doctor wondered if it my be seizures.  He was given a seizure medication in his IV and he finally came out of it. Dad stayed over night in the hospital for observation.  He had a good night and was released Sunday afternoon. He started the pills for seizures on Monday.

On Thursday dad and I were out for a drive and I noticed he was having a hard time breathing.  Then he started crying and howling uncontrollably.  I drove him over to his family doctors office.  It was during lunch time and luckily the doctor and his staff were still there.  Dad was having such a terrible time.  Dr. Bruce looked at the EEG results that dad had on October  30th and talked on the phone to dad's neurologist and felt like he didn't have seizures.  It looked like he had PBA.  It's a neurotic problem connected to dementia and or traumatic brain injury.  It's were the person cries or laughs uncontrollably.

1 comment:

Janet Shaw said...

Dear sweet Luann, I am sorry to hear that you have found a new spot. I am also sorry to hear about the trials you are going through with your dad. Life is really hard sometimes. You looked so good at the reunion. I hope you are feeling as well as you looked. I think of you so often and remember you in my prayers. You are such a strong person and an example to everyone of how to go through hard things. I would love to go to lunch. I will call you after the holidays when things settle down a bit. I am sending my love to you. Janet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...