Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Grand daughter

I flew out to Chicago on Wednesday January 7th and was picked up at the Midway Airport by Russ, Abigail and Sarah.  It was -3 with a wind chill of - 20.  It was so cold.  Becca and Samantha was asleep.  I slept in the littles room and was joined by Becca half way through the night.

Jenny was able to go to a Midwife appointment and do some grocery shopping.  It was Abigail  8th birthday.  Jenny didn't want to have the baby on Abi's birthday.  Around 11:30 pm she started to have heavy contractions.  She called her Midwife and said it was going to be fast.  They got a hold of the closest Midwife.  She got there 3 minutes before the baby was born.  Isabella Ardele Broadhead was born at 12:45 am on Friday January 9th.  She was born healthy and strong weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz and 21" long.  She looked a lot like Abi did when she was born.  Jenny is a champion!  It was really really painful!  She did it though.  Sarah woke up with all the commotion and was very interested in helping. Abi and Samantha woke up too.  And after the baby was born Becca woke up.  The Midwives were there until 4:30 am and finally all of us went back to sleep for a while.

I was able to stay and help out until the 20th.  What a great blessing for me.  I'm so happy that I feel good and have strength and energy.  But I'll tell you what, I know why the young have the babies and children, I sure got tired and had to rest quite a bit.  It was hard to leave but I'll be back in three weeks for Abigail's baptism and Isabella's blessing.

On Sunday Brody was blessed by his father James.  What a great day that was.  Many family members were assembled to celebrate this great occasion.  Grand children are such a blessing and I love them all so much!  We have nine girls and two boys.  We are so blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...