Hello! Here I am again at the lovely Hotel Huntsman. I checked in yesterday and the infusion got started at 5:30. This is my third round now so I have things pretty well down. The weather really changed yesterday. I'm so glad I wore my long comfy pants and brought my jacket. I've been using them. Today is cloudy and cool too. It's nice to have a little change. I have a big window in my room that looks out over the hills. It's so peaceful looking out. There's a jogging trail up on the hill and it's nice to see joggers and bikers. It's now real often though. I had a CT scan on Monday. It showed that the cancer in my right lung had grown a very little bit. That's good because it had been doubling each scan. The spot in my right shoulder has gotten a little smaller and not as hard. My oncologist was happy and said she's happy how we are going. So I'll have three more rounds counting this one and then I'll have a scan. I also had an x-ray on my left foot on Monday. It shows that it isn't healing. The doctor said my hair isn't growing so my body probably isn't producing what it needs to heal the brake. So he'll see me in six weeks and we'll go from there. My sweetheart has been right by my side. I love him so much! He is my rock and my strength. I love getting calls and visits. My kids are so great!
Ken and I made the parts of Tevey and Golde in our Stake production of Fiddler on the Roof. We are so excited. We have been rehearsing for about two weeks now. They double cased our parts. We will be preforming 2 shows and the other couple will be doing four shows. They have taken a big chance with Ken and I because of our health. I'm so grateful that they are giving us a chance. It is so much fun playing with Ken. It's like a dream come true.
I also love working. It's so great having a reason to get up in the morning and have something to do. I love my job and the people that I work with. It's so great getting to know some of the students a little better.
I love my life and I enjoy each and every day!
5 comments:
You have beautiful spirit! I just put your name in the Dallas, TX Temple again...extra prayers! Sending our love!
Mom, I love you, I love you, I love you. I miss you more than words and this post made me tear up. I just really wish I could come down and see my family and come visit you in the hospital. Please know that I'm always thinking about you, and I miss you so much.
Dear Luanne, you are truly an inspiration. Way to accentuate the positive. Sending love and prayers your way always. -Steph
Dear Luanne, you are truly an inspiration. Way to accentuate the positive. Sending love and prayers your way always. -Steph
Luanne, I am constantly amazed by you. You are such an example to me and I truly appreciate your friendship. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love,
Louise
Post a Comment