Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Color Run: TEAM LULU!

Thank you for reading and following our family blog. As you can see, there has been a serious lack of updating this past week and a half. My Mom has experienced a roller-coster of emotions the last few days. Generally speaking she continues to feel peaceful and thankful, but I think all of the emotions that come with long term illness have really hit her the past few days. She is grieving as she comes to terms with the reality of her diagnosis and what this means for her life now and in the future. I am grateful that Heavenly Father gives this to us line upon line, because our minds are just not equipped to process something like this all at once. Bless her heart, she continues to have a great attitude and she is doing so well with just enduring. For me, I think my prayers have shifted from praying for help to make this all better somehow to asking for Heavenly Father to give Mom the strength she needs to be able to endure her treatments. She'll start her 4th and final round this coming Monday and I am just filled with joy that we are almost done with chemo. Mom isn't seeing the finish line quite yet as she knows that radiation is just around the corner after chemo is done. I have to keep reminding myself what we're in the middle and to just pace myself and hang on a bit longer.

The YM in the Kenwood 1st ward came and helped pick apricots and weed the garden last week. It was AMAZING to have so much of their help. I wish I could have been there to take pictures of it. The Wilford and Valley View YSA also came and cleaned the house and washed windows on Monday night. I totally cried. I know that the proper order of things is for family to help out first, and all of us kids are really trying to help but it's been really hard to keep up with everything and things for sure pass our attention. We are SO thankful for the help of our ward families and friends. We could not navigate through this without you. That sounds so CHEESY! I know that we can get through this without the floors being mopped every week and the bathroom only being cleaned by sweet Ruby spraying all the air fresher on the towels to make it smell pretty (true story!)...but it's really nice that we don't have to :)

Many people have asked what Mom and Dad need and what they can to do help so I thought I would take an opportunity to help answer that question. First I would say, if you have some time during the day Mom could use some sweet visitors. She'll let you know if she's tired or it's not a good time, but I'm worried that she's pretty lonely during the day and that could help. You could call first if that makes you feel more comfortable.

The second thing you could do would be to join our Color Run team!! Mark and I decided to create a team to run in honor of Mom. We've never participated in the Color Run before but it looks like it will be SO much fun! I've created a team for Mom called Team Lulu and you just use that as a password to join our team. All of the proceeds go to benefit Huntsman Cancer Institute which will not only go towards helping my Mom, but so many people battling cancer. You can join by clicking the link below. It's $35 if you register before September 1st and $40 if you register after that date. The advertizement says it's for all ages and you levels of activity so come one come all! Email or facebook me if you would like more information. My email address is lonikenn@gmail.com Hope you can join us!!

To register click here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...