Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

New treatment for Luann

We found out through the biopsy that I had in April, that my cancer feeds on estrogen.  So I have been taken off the daily chemo pills and have been given an estrogen blocker.  It's a pill I take daily.  I am feeling amazing!  I'm not running to the bathroom any more.  My appetite has improved and food tastes so good!  I love to eat!  I've even gained some weight.  I'm going to have to watch that. I haven't notice any side effects from this new pill yet.

Ken and I spent seven days in Tucson with Jenny and Russ's family June 9-16th.  We had such an amazing time with them. Jen takes the kids each day to the YMCI.  Jenny and Abigail are able to workout and the other kids go to daycare.  I was able to attend yoga classes while I was there and I loved it.  Now that I'm home I'm trying to find a place that I can go and continue with yoga.  I've started an exercise class that is sponsored through the American Cancer Society.  It's Tuesday and Thursdays for an hour and I'm really enjoying it.  Some of the members of my cancer support group go to that class and it's fun to be with them.  We even went out to lunch together yesterday after our workout.  They are a great bunch of people. I'm feeling stronger each day.  I'm walking each evening for 30 minutes on the days I don't have my exercise class.  I haven't been able to do that for a very long time.

Ken and I were talking a few days ago about how much we are loving this time in our lives.  It's really sweet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...