Wow, I haven't written since last May. Shame on me. Where do I begin. Ken and I have been living in South Ogden with my Dad since February. Things have really been going very well. My Dad has had some health issues and they have been addressed and he's doing very well right now. Ken had knee surgery in May to clean out some things that were floating around etc. It went well and Ken felt much better. Ken had back surgery on August 1st. He had L5 removed and a fusion of L4 and S1. I hope I got that right. The surgery went very well but it was a really hard surgery to heel from. It's been six weeks now and he is feeling better a little every day. He went to sacrament meeting for the first time last Sunday and he also went today. We are very blessed that he has been able to recuperate and get better. He has short term disability for a few more weeks. It has really been hard on him. Much harder than he thought it would be.
Jenny and her girls have been visiting with us for three weeks. They will be here about ten more days. We have enjoyed having them here so much! Abigail and Sarah have been going to school here which we are so thankful for. I love them so much! I can't bare to think of them leaving. Jenny is due to have #5 the middle of January. She is showing a little bit. What a blessing! I pray that all will go well. Today was our wards primary program and Abi and Sarah were able to participate. Tracee and her girls and Loni and her family were able to come. We had all of our grandchildren there in our meeting. It was wonderful being all together. Also, very noisy. We enjoy having Sunday dinners together. With Jenny here we have been able to be all together. We had a family picture taken Labor day weekend when Russell was here. It was so fun. We went to the Ogden Botanical Gardens and it was a wonderful place to have pictures taken.
I have felt so great lately. I have energy to do the things I need to do. I love to ride my bike in the evenings just as the sun is going down. I have a great area to ride bikes in. I was able to be a volunteer at the Ogden Temple open house. I worked in the Tabernacle helping people to the rooms where they saw a video. Our family was able to go the next day to the open house. It is an unbelievable place. I'm so excited to be able to attend there very soon. I am a visiting teacher and I love to get to know the sisters in our ward. I have great visiting teachers also. Ken and haven't been called to a calling yet. Our ward is very strong and very large and very talented. I hope we can serve somewhere soon.
I am so blessed! I feel so much love for my loved ones and the many people in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment