Today is April Fools Day. I don't have anything to fool you about today. I got nothin'.
Yesterday was our little angel, Lucy Isabelle Higham's 1st birthday. She is such a little angel. She is so sweet. She loves to smile and wrinkle her cute little nose. She also loves to pull off my hats. When she sees me, she smiles and her eyes get bigger. She goes right for my hat. We had such a wonderful time celebrating her birthday. I love her so much!
Sunday was our lovely Layla Jane Harmon's blessing day. It was such a great day. Mark, her father, gave her a beautiful blessing. There were many testimonies from the family shared at the sacrament meeting that were so uplifting. We had a yummy dinner at Loni and Mark's afterwards. It was so great being with family and friends. Layla was so sweet. She was awake all through sacrament meeting and the dinner. She didn't cry at all. She was loving having everyone around. She looked so darling in her blessing dress. We have had all eight granddaughters blessed in that same dress. We bought that dress in Ireland when our family went there in 2004. What a great investment that was.
We went and seen Shawnee's play at Weber State on Saturday afternoon. It's call 'Mockingbird'. It's about a 11- year-old girl who has Asperger syndrome. Shawnee plays her elementary teacher. Shawnee does a fabulous jog. The young lady who plays Caitlin is fabulous also. The play is brand new and is written so well and acted so well. I really had my eye's opened up a lot. I would really recommend seeing this play. It runs April 1-5th. You can go on line to www.weberstatetickets.com.
I had my radiation mapping session was last Tuesday. It took about an hour. My port was accessed and they ran contrast. I laid on a body length cushion that formed around my body from top to bottom. I was wrapped up like a burrito and I had to be very still. I was surround by clear wrap from my waist to my feet and a machine was hooked up that sucked out all the air so it was very tight. Then a device was hooked up to read my breathing. I was put through the CT scanner many times. When they decided where the two points were that needed the radiation I was given tattoos to mark the spots. There were about five people working on me not counting my radiation Doctor and assistant. It was quite an operation. Everyone was so nice. They told me everything they were going to do and about how much time it would take. I will start radiation Monday April 7th and I will go five time. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. And then Monday and Wednesday the next week. I shouldn't have any side effects. Maybe a little tired and possibly a dry cough. If I get the cough it would be from irritation to the lung and I need to call and get some mediation.
1 comment:
You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment