Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

New Lump

I noticed a new lump in my shoulder area last Saturday.  It is about 2" to the right of my port and up about an inch.  It feels like a marble.  To say the least it has really been stressing me out.  I tried calling my lung surgeon's assistant Monday and Tuesday and didn't hear back.  I called my oncologist's assistant today.  She is out of the office until Monday.  So I went to the Acute Care Clinic at Huntsman's today.  Dr. Dunson met with me.  He was my doctor last summer when I was having so many problems with chemo.  I was so happy to see him.  He is very thorough and compassionate.  He sent me to have an ultra sound.  They said that there is definitely a mass.  I am scheduled to have a biopsy on it Monday morning at 8:30.  If it is not cancer then the lung surgery will go on as scheduled.  If it is cancer then we will have to talk about what is next.  It feels good to have something being done about it.  It is quite uncomfortable.  I thought that my port was just bothering me.  Life sure isn't boring, is it.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I wish I could give you a hug right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!

Herlehy Family said...

I am so sorry you are having to go throw this horrible trial! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Sending postive vibes!!!!

Katie said...

I have no words that can adequately express how I'm feeling and what I want to say to you. Please know that my love, thoughts, and prayers are with you <3

Katie said...

I have no words that can adequately express how I'm feeling and what I want to say to you. Please know that my love, thoughts, and prayers are with you <3

Chrispy Critter said...

Hugs and prayers!!! SDLY😘

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...