Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Last day of Radiation!!!

Yesterday November 8, 2012 was a big day. It was the my last radiation treatment! I started October 1st and went M-F until November 8th. That makes 28 treatments. It really went fast. Once I got on the table four spots would get zapped. It took less then a minute and I was done for the day. I met many woman in the waiting room. I heard their stories and shared mine. Many times I'd think how blessed I am to not have their kind of cancer. There are many wonderful and brave people out there. My experience at the Huntsman Cancer Institute was a very positive one. Every person that Worked with me was so kind and compassionate. I love them all. From and Doctors and nurses to the people in the labs and the valet parking people. I feel so blessed to have that place so close to us. So many people that come there are from out of state. I have an appointment with Dr. Poppe, my radiation Doctor, in three months. I need to make an appointment with D. Gouw, my chemo doctor. Both of these appointments are for follow ups. I don't know when I will have my next PET scan yet. All treatments for now are done. Let's have a PARADE! My hair is starting to grow back. I look like a fuzzy little duck except it's coming in very grey. Ken loves to rub my head. It's very soft. Some of the symptoms that I have had while on radiation have been nausea, diarrhea and tiredness. Hopefully these things will go away in a couple of weeks. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband, Ken, and our children and their families. I am surrounded by people who love and care for me. My Dad and my bothers and their families are so good to us. My ward and stake family have been so good to us. Kens parents and family have been so good to us. Kens coworkers and my coworkers have been to good to us. The love and support we've felt has been real and so appreciated. What an adventure this has been. And it my not be over, but we can hope. I love you all. Thanks for reading out family blog.

1 comment:

Herlehy Family said...

Congratulations!!! We will keep you in our prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...