Saturday, November 17, 2012
News on my Brother Paul
My younger brother, Paul, has been fighting stomach cancer for a year now. He is my hero! I've learned so much from him on how to fight cancer and do it with dignity. He had his stomach removed last December and started chemo not long after. His scan the next June was clear of cancer. He had another scan yesterday and did not get good news. He's in stage 4 cancer. He has it in his peritoneal cavity. That's the area around his stomach and large intestines. Surgery is not an option and chemo would only give him 3 - 4 months. He's decided no chemo. He doesn't want to be sick. He wants to spend what time he has loving his family and making memories. What can I say, I'm heart broken to say the least. I think of Sandra, his good wife, and their two daughters, Halley and Sophie. It breaks my heart in two. I've loved Paul all of my life. He is the best brother I could have asked for. We've always gotten along. When he was little he'd let me rub his head when he had a buzz. He'd let me hold his hand. That's something for a little brother. He's the best listener and he gives great advice. He's a wonderful husband and father and son and brother. It was hard to fall asleep last night but I finally did. When I woke up I had forgotten about it for just a moment and then I remembered again and started to cry all over again. I feel for my wonderful Dad. He's lost his wife and a son already. Not counting his parents and brothers and sisters. My Dad has so much faith. I'm so glad we still have him with us and that his health is so good. That is a great blessing. I know the plan of salvation and I'm so grateful for that knowledge but it is still so hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are so SORRY! We love you and Uncle Paul! We will keep all of you in our prayers!
Post a Comment