Saturday, May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012
Yesterday Ken and I went to Dr. Soisson at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. He asked me some questions and said that he had talked with my surgeons. He said that leiomyosarcoma is very rare and that there isn't much known about it. There are around 1000 cases in the U.S. a year. That would maybe be about 10 cases in Utah a year. He feels that the cancer was in Stage 1 and that it was found early. The next step is scheduling a PET scan. He feels that the cancer was localized and that the scan will come out clean. He feels 100% sure that Dr. Gouw will want me to have chemotherapy to make sure that nothing is hiding somewhere else. I have an appointment with Dr. Gouw June 6, 2012. He is a sarcoma Oncologist. So the next step is having the PET scan. We have to do a lot of paper work to see if we qualify for any programs because we are self pay (no insurance). I feel a lot of hope and peace. My brother Paul just finished cancer treatment for stomach cancer. He is my hero and a very good example for me to follow. I hope to be just like him. We will keep this blog updated with whats going on. We are experiencing so many tender mercies which I'm so grateful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear that you are sick, we will keep you in our prayers!!!
Post a Comment