On Friday May 8th 2015 Ken and went to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for the Lung Cancer Ablation procedure. We arrived at 7:00 a.m. I was nervous because it was something new and wasn't sure what to expect. I had heard that it was so much better than the lung surgery that I had in January of 2014. From what I could gather, I was the second patient of my doctor that day. To make a long story short, I was taken into the CT room at 2:35 p.m. To say the least, I was beyond anxious! I was put to sleep and the procedure took three hours. I stayed over night at Huntsman that night. A small chest tube was left in the draw any fluid out. I was put on steroids to keep the swelling down. I didn't sleep a bit that night. I was taken very good care of. The nurses were great! When I first got to my room I asked the aide if a nurse named Karen happened to be working. She said she did work on that floor but wasn't there. Well guess what? The next morning Karen was my nurse. I was so happy to see her. When I was going through chemo the last time I stayed for a 48 hour infusion for six different times. I was very lucky to get Karen as my nurse many of those times. She is so great! She is very caring and compassionate and so open and friendly. She is sure in the right line of work.
I was in a little pain on my right side until the chest tube was taken out of Saturday. I'm just amazed at how good I feel. No pain at all now. I was discharged at 5:30 p.m. Saturday evening. I got pretty sick to my stomach on the was home and through up a few times. I'm pretty sure that it was from pain medicine so I stopped taking them and felt so much better.
I was able to go to church on Sunday and lead the choir at choir practice with no pain. I did have a headache though. I'm sure it was from the anesthesia. A little Tylenol and all was well. We came home from church and a little lunch and had a giant nap. The kids came over that evening and we had such a great time. I didn't to a thing. Loni and Mark provided and hamburgers and Mark barbecued them. He is an excellent barbecue r. Tracee make a 7 layer dip with tortilla chips and salsa and a yummy broccoli salad. Shawnee had a tummy bunt cake for dessert. We ate out on the patio and it was so much fun. After Ruby and Macy had a fun Mother's Day party downstairs for us all to enjoy. We had stations that we would rotate to. One stations was making Mother's Day cards. One was singing, and one was a memory section. You would look at photo albums. They are just so cute.
Jason went to Senior Prom on Saturday with his girlfriend Carley. He showed us the pictures and told us about how much fun they had. It was so fun the hear him tell us about it. He also showed us the video of his band, Yedi when they performed at the State battle of the bands.
It was just a lovely, lovely day!
1 comment:
So glad your surgery went well Luann. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it. Thanks for keeping us updated. I think of you often.
Post a Comment