Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Double Birthdays

We had a double birthday Tuesday.  Ken turned 57 (he looks mighty fine) and Shawnee turned 26.  Ken had many people at work think of him.  He was wished many happy birthdays and balloons, cake, gift basket.  He felt very loved.   I'm so grateful to the great people he works with.  I made him one of his favorite dinners.  And them we spent the evening at play practice.

I was at work and I had been down monitoring the halls during lunch when I came to my office and there was a long narrow box on my desk.  It was addressed to me.  I opened it up and there were the most beautiful flowers.  I hunted for the card and they were from Shawnee!  It was her birthday and she sent me flowers.  I burst into tears.  I was so moved by her thoughtfulness I could hardly talk.  The secretaries came in and asked who they were from.  They saw my emotion and were very touch also.  I took the flowers and vase and directions down to the faculty room to put them in water.  I was still so emotional.  I cried all during that time and lunch.  I know money is very tight for them.  I still can't believe it.  Thank you Shawnee from the bottom of my heart.  That was another payday for me.  I've sure had a lot of payday through the years from my family.  I'm so blessed!

I haven't said anything since my last retreat at Hotel Huntsman.  I can say that this round kicked my hiney.  I have been much more tired and experienced more nausea.  I've been very constipated and had to deal with getting everything going again.  Which makes for some interesting visits day and night, home or away.  It's like I'm 90 years old of something. I'm not looking forward to my next retreat next week.  Is that okay to say.  I'd rather miss it.  My hair is gone and my eyebrows and eye lashed are nearly gone.  I put makeup on and by the time I'm home from school it's all gone somehow.  I'm so blessed that my husband loves my spirit because physically I'm not much to look at.  I'm whining a little bit.  It's hard looking in the mirror and not knowing who is looking back at me.  It's pretty humbling.

The stake play has been so much fun.  It's so fun being able to share it with my husband.  He is Tevye!  I'm so grateful our stake is doing this show now.  This is his time to shine.  He is so good!  His beard is coming along very nicely.  He looks so handsome.  We had one of the sister in our ward, who is 90, tell him how handsome he is with his beard.  He's not going to be happy I wrote that down.  I like his beard so much. 

1 comment:

Herlehy Family said...

I love seeing your update. You are such an AMAZING person! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...