April 20, 2010
How do you thank so many people for their thoughts, efforts and prayers? We have been so blessed!
Since word of what is happening got out, we’ve been overwhelmed by the response. The love and compassion people have shown us has been tremendous. The last thing we expected was for so many people to step forward with thoughts, prayers, suggestions and offers to help. What a blessing it is to be loved by so many wonderful people. With that in mind, I thought I’d take this chance to update everyone on what has happened and what we are doing.
Our incredible daughters and their friends had a yard sale last Saturday. People donated lots of items, and it also gave us a chance to share some of the things we’ve collected over the years. Richard and his family were a huge help, and James was great watching the kids while Tracee worked on gathering and selling things. We’ve been reminded of how much we have, as opposed to how much we need. Whether we move or not, it’s good to get these things in the hands of people that need and/or could use them. Thank you all for your mighty efforts. We’re having another one this weekend. It will be at Shawnee and Richard’s house. It’s easy to get there and there’s a lot more traffic where they live.
As far as the house goes, nothing has been decided. We’re still not sure who the actual bank is, but I think its US Bank. I’ve tried to contact them, but the number I got off the internet is a recording that says they’re busy, call back later. There’s not even a way to leave your number or transfer to another department. It’s pretty frustrating, but we’re not giving up. There are some possibilities of other homes in the area, but it’s too soon to say what will happen. We have had some wonderful counsel, and tomorrow I’ll contact some attorneys and get some advice. There are also some other options we’re exploring. As soon as I have more to tell, I’ll update the blog again.
On the work front there’s hope. Nothing has been decided, but there are more options than I thought. I’ll explore them this week too.
Luann and I were talking today, and as hard as it’s been, there have been some wonderful blessings given to us and our family, that we probably wouldn’t have been given without these challenges. Our family has grown even closer, and it’s been a wonderful experience to share what’s been happening with them. Their zest for life and their hope for the future have lifted our spirits more than they know. It’s hard to tell your children that things have gone wrong. We picture ourselves as grown up and wise, and things like this will never happen to us. We’re supposed to be wise and all knowing, and never admit that things can go wrong. As parents, we expect our kids to goof up once in a while, and we love them anyway. What a blessing it has been to have them open their arms and hearts to us in our time of need.
Another blessing has been our Young Single Adult ward. We did an Easter cantata for the four wards in our building. It was a great evening, and at the end of the night Luann put her arms around me and told me that I never would have been able to write the program if we weren’t going through this experience. She said that the Lord blesses us in ways that are most beneficial to us and those around us, and not always in the way we want or expect to be blessed. That was a powerful moment for me, as I was reminded that the Lord knows us and wants what’s best for us, even when we think it’s something else.
As much as we’d like to have this settled, we never would have experienced these, and many other blessings, without the trials. I know I whine and complain a lot, but I see the hand of the Lord in so many things. It’s a testimony that He knows us and loves us. It also reminds me that as much as I hate what’s happening, I would rather go through this, than experience some of the trials others have to face. The Lord really does know what experiences will help us grow the most, and what things we can handle. I have to remind myself of that several times a day, but I know it’s true.
We are so grateful for each of you. We didn’t know we had so many wonderful friends, and are astonished at all the things you’ve done for us. Our extended families have rallied around us and expressed their love and concern, along with offers to help. We love each of you more than words can express. Our hearts are overflowing with love and gratitude. We are truly blessed.
Ken
1 comment:
It is amazing the blessings that come with trials! I have always been able to look back experiences that I have had and seen the growth that has transpired through the trail. Hang in there, your family is in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment